Paraben Free Drugstore Makeup Kit: Yes, It Is Possible!!



Hello everyone! I hope your day is going well!
Today is all about having a paraben free makeup kit. It is possible!

Parabens are a hot topic these days. While the medical community feels they're safe based upon our current level of knowledge and scientific research (Dr. Cynthia Bailey has a great post going over parabens in skin care). there are people who want to avoid them due to safety concerns. However, a lot of different makeup products are hard parabens and are hard to avoid. Luckily, parabens are getting easier to avoid, even when you're shopping at the drugstore!

I've spent a few days looking for products that I recommend and building a makeup kit full of paraben free products. I look primarily at drugstore products (as a teen I would have had to save for quite a while to shop at Sephora instead of CVS), and I looked at ingredient list on the manufacturer websites, CVS, Walgreens, Drugstore.com, ect. I've found some higher price alternatives that are paraben free, and while they're in the graphic I've listed them below.

This is an epic long post (with an even bigger collage), so read more after the jump!


Paraben Free Drugstore Makeup Kit via www.15minutebeauty.com




BB Cream or Foundation
Here's when I admit that I only looked at BB Creams, not foundations. BB Creams are considered skincare usually, so they're more likely to be paraben free and there's more than enough coverage for almost everyone.

This is one of my favorite BB Cream to recommend, and there's a new version of it (Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream), which I haven't tried yet.
It has 2% Salicylic Acid to fight blemishes (which isn't pregnancy friendly, hence my lack of testing) and there are some great oil absorbing ingredients as well.

Everyone loves this one.

3. Pond's Luminous Finish BB Cream:
This is the BB Cream I use pretty much every day.


Concealer
Concealers that are paraben free seem to be really, really hard to find. these were the only 2 drugstore options I was able to find.


More Expensive: Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer

Powder
6. Revlon PhotoReady Powder
7. Maybelline Dream Wonder Face Powder

Also Works: ELF Studio High Definition Powder

More Expensive: Smashbox HALO Hydrating Profecting Powder, NARS Light Relecting Pressed Setting Powder, Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder.

Blush
This looks like an ode to Maybelline! I was impressed that so many of their blushes were paraben free, while so many brands I checked had parabens in everything.

8. Maybelline Master Glaze by FaceStudio Glisten Blush Stick
9. Maybelline Master Hi-Light by FaceStudio Blush
10. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush

11. Milani Illuminating Face Powder: I like that this product can be used as an illuminator or as a blush, just by changing the size of your brush.

Also works: Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush

More Expensive: Too Faced Sweethearts perfect Flush Blush, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush,  Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush

Eye Shadow Primer
If you're going to wear shadow, I'm of the opinion that primer underneath is absolute must!
It will keep your shadow in place much longer and the colors will be more vibrant.

12. Wet n Wild Fergie Eyeshadow Primer is one that I hear a lot about6, but I haven't tried it myself .

e.l.f  Eyelid Primerand e.l.f. Natural Mineral Eyeshadow Primer are frequently talked about and I know a lot of people have luck with them, so I've mentioned them here (their $1 price tag is pretty appealing), but I haven't had a lot of luck with them. I have used Pretige Primed & Ready Eye Primer with decent results.

13. NYX Eye Shadow Base: This is my favorite drugstore primer, all 3 shades are paraben free. It covers up any visible blood vessels while it primes.

More Expensive options: Too Faced Shadow Insurance (original)

 Eye Shadow
I'm a pretty big snob when it comes to eyeshadows. There are only a few drugstore foundations that I think are worthwhile.
Unfortunately, most of them (Wet 'n Wild, L'Oréal and CoverGirl) seem to have parabens.
Note that parabens are sometimes in individual shades, not necessarily all shades. So, if one palette is ok, it might not translate over to the rest of the brand. I was only able to find 2 options for drugstore eye shadows, through all of the shades of the  Revlon Colorstay were fine.

14. Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Palette, Nudes
15. Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow

More expensive potions: My favorite formulations from more expensive brands are from Too Faced, Urban Decay and Stila.
These ones are fine. Too Faced Country Nashville Nudes Palette, Too Faced Budoir Eyes Palette, Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette, Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette, Naked2 Palette and Naked 3 Palette(not naked), Stila In the Moment, In the Garden, Eye Shadow Treos, In the Know, In The Light.

Eye Liner
16. Maybelline EyeStudio Master Smoky Mechanical Eyeshadow Pencil
17. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner

Also Works: Maybelline Master Kajal, Maybelline EyeStudio Master Drama Cream Pencil Eyeliner, L'Oréal Paris Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner, L'Oréal Paris Infallible Never Fail Eyeliner.

Bigger Budget Options: Stila Smudge Stick, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil, All Nighter Eyeliner, Ink For Eyes, Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner

Mascara
18. Maybelline Volum' Express The Rocket Washable Mascara
19. L'Oréal Paris Voluminous Power Volume 24H Waterproof Mascara


More Options: Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Spoon Brush Washable mascara, L'Oréal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Washable Mascara, L'Oréal Paris Voluminous Excess Mascara, Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara

More Expensive Options: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, this is my go to mascara! Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara

Lips
There seem to be a lot of options for lips. I favor tinted balms and glossy stain for a little bit of long lasting color that you can keep in a pocket and apply on the go.

20. Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter
21. Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm
22. L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Coresse Wet Shine Stain

Also Options: Revlon Color Burst Balm Stain, L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche LeGloss Lip Gloss, L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick, L'Oréal Paris Colur Riche Le Balm.

Expensive Options: YSL Vermis A' Levres Glossy Stain, Tarte LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint, Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss.

Tools
I've gone over tools some in the past, but I recommend the eye brushes from ELF! (Surprised I know!) A blush brush and a powder blush. I like to use a slightly damp Beauty Blender sponge to blend my BB Cream and Concealer (pat, don't rub), and you'll need a good eyelash curler (Tweezerman is my fave!)
The Beauty Blender really is much better than all of the dupes in my opinion, but there ares ome great brushes available for less! I like Real Techniques, E.L.F and the special MAC and Bobbi Brown sets that you can buy during the Nodies sale or during the holidays.

Also: Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets
These are amazing. I buy them at Target, they're cheaper there than anywhere else for some reason. They don't leave powder on your face like other blotting sheets. Stock up!

Have I gorgotten anything? If you hae any paraben free products that you would like to recommend, let everyone know in the comments!!

Take Care,
Angela


















































Comments

Popular Posts