Lorac Pirates Of The Caribbean Eyeshadow Palette Review and Swatches!


Hello beautiful!! I hope your day is going well!!

Today is all about this incredible Pirates of the Caribbean eyeshadow palette from Lorac Cosmetics!!
I am so obsessed with this new palette Lorac has put out in colaboration with the new movie Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales!!


lorac pirates of the caribbean eyeshadow palette review

DETAILS:
This palette features 18 brand-new PRO-formula eye shadows inspired by the film and a deluxe mini Front of the Line PRO Eye Pencil in black to craft a smokey, sultry Captain Jack Sparrow inspired eye!

PRICE: $52

WHERE TO BUY:
loraccosmetics.com
ulta.com or kohls.com

Made in the U.S. this palettes total weight is .36 oz

lorac pirates of the caribbean eyeshadow palette


Just like the Cheek Palette, I'm really impressed by the packaging. It's prettier in person than it looked in the photos i saw on social media. The black and gold color scheme with a star background and large golden compass is perfect for this collection The palette is made of cardboard so it's lightweight bu it is rather chunky so if you don't have a lot of room to store palettes, keep that in mind. 

But there's a reason it's so chunky. It has a a secret compartment underneath that hold the cheek palette!! So if you 're getting both, it actually makes storing them more efficient, not to mention I tend to geek out about things like this. lol If you don't want to buy the cheek palette, you can always store some smaller makeup items in there that you might want to use with this palette, such as single blushes, brushes, or liners/brow products. That way it's not a total waste of space. 


lorac pirates of the caribbean palette secret compartment

lorac pirates of the caribbean palette

SHADE SELECTION/FORMULA/SWATCHES:

There are 18 shades in both matte and shimmer finishes and the formula is that soft, buttery PRO formula we know and love. This palette seemed even softer to me, for some reason.

The matte shades glide on effortlessly with full pigmentation in one swipe. the shimmer shades are also stunning and easy to pick up. 

My favorite shades include:

  • Black Pearl (top row, 2nd shade from the right)-this shimmer shade looks almost black in the pan but it has a beautiful emerald green shift that's gorgeous!!
  • Arrgh! (top row, 3rd shade from the right)- this is a really pretty olive green shimmer and I don't have anything like it in my collection. 
  • Treasure (middle row, 3rd row from the left)- this is a beautiful rust-colored shade that is incredibly pigmented with one swipe and has a satiny finish. I was blown away when I swatched it. It's one of the most pigmented shades in the palette (and they're all very pigmented!)
  • Tell No Tales (middle row, 4th shade from the left)- this matte plum shade would create a really pretty smoky eye look.
  • Menace (bottom row, 2nd from the right)- this is a deep hunter green matte that also blew me away when I swatched it. For a matte, it went on so evenly, with full pigment. I also don't have a deep green like this in my collection. 
  • Silent Mary (bottom row, all the way to the right)- this is a really soft medium gray matte that I can see myself using to create lots of cooler-toned looks.

lorac pirates of the caribbean eyeshadow palette swatches

Overall, do you need this palette? I wasn't actually planning on buying it myself because at first glace the shades didn't actually appeal to me if you can believe it, but now that I've had the chance tp play with it, there are quite a few standout shades in here that I really love (and many more that are also basic everyday shades that I would definitely use). 
So the question to ask yourself is if you love the shade selection...if yo do, then picking this one up is a no-brainer! The formula is top-of-the-line..highly pigmented, soft, and blendable...it really just comes down to the colors. (And the packaging isn't bad either!)

So, did you purchase or pass? Let me know in the comments below!!! 

Take care everyone!
Angela

Comments

Popular Posts