May Monthly Favorites!!


Hello beauties!
As always I hope you are having a wonderful day and Memorial Day weekend!

Being the 29th of this months I have decided to start doing a monthly favorites post showing you all the products that I love and get so excited about! (I get excited over things very easily, expecially when it comes to beauty products!)

So here are my May favorites! Everything I mention will be linked so you can try these out for yourself as well!

!. MDSolarSciences


What it is:
A broad-spectrum mineral sunscreen enhanced with ceramides and humectants to help restor skin's natural moisture barrier. 

What it is formulated to do:
This luminous broad-spectrum sunscreen formula with barrier repair is a blend of biomimetic miturizers, ceramides, and humectants to help replenish, restore, and defend skin's essential moisture barrier. Antioxidant vitamin C, green tea, cranberry, and pomegranate extracts work to repair signs of previous damage and help restore skin's radiance. Ceramides and biomimetic moisturizers repair skin's natural moisture barrier-all while SPF actives keep UV rays at bay.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
-Parabens
-Sulfates
-Phthalates

What else you need to know:
Quality and safety go hand in hand at MDSolarSciences. 
All products are rigidly tested and formulated without oxybenzone, octinoxate, or aminobenzoic acid (PABA). The non-irritating formula is noncomedogenic, won't clog pores and is perfect for all skin types, even those affected by acne and rosacea. This product is cruelty-free and is foruulated without mineral oil, gluten, oil, and fragrance. Naturally derived broad-spectrum mineral UV protection helps reduce the risk of skin cancer and early visible signs of skin aging, and is water resistant for up to 80 minutes. 

My Thoughts: 
What else can I say about this product other than it is INCREDIBLE!!!
Honestly I can not say anything bad about this. I take after my mother and have inherited freckles all over my face, and in the summer they really pop and become pretty dark. And not only that, I don't want to acquire anymore if I can help it. lol (Those with a lot of freckles know what I mean)
So I need to wear sunscreen on my face. And it has taken me going through quite a few face sunscreens to finally get to this one! My Holy Grail of sunscreens! 
It is not oily, it doesn't have that smell of sunscreen or anything for that matter, it soaks into your skin leaving it feeling smooth and soft, and not only that, it does it's job in protecting my face and body from those harmful UV rays that can severely damage our skin. 
(Not to mention it makes a great foundation for makeup application!)




What it is: 
L'Oreal's True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation is their first liquid foundation in a cushion that provides a fresh, luminous look in just on tap. Using the puff applicator, tap makeup onto skin and layer for perfectly customizable coverage.

Benefits:
-Fresh, luminous finish for every skin tone. 
-Buildable, customizable, coverage.

How to Use;
Step 1: Gently press applicator into foundation cushion. Step2: Tap onto skin to deliver the product does of foundation. Step3: Build to desired coverage level.

My Thoughts: 
All of the hype over this foundation is for a good reason! I was super excited to try it out so I went out and bought it! Thanks to a wonderful coupon that I had for Meijer! lol (If you follow me on Instagram you know all about it!)
I love the formula and how it feels on the skin, I love how easy, effortless, and flawless it is to apply, I love how if one day you feel like a light coverage and a heavy coverage the next you can achieve that just by building the foundation on your skin, I love how luminous my face looked after I applyed just a small amount!
(Can you tell I love this product? lol)
Such a beautiful foundation and the packaging is pretty to boot! I think L'Oreal knocked it out of the park with this one!



What it is:
Micro-corrector applicator + super concentrated formula instantly creates a radiant, refreshing looking eye area. Super concentrated formula with goji berry + haloxyl helps to erace the appearance of dark circles and fine lines, while visibly diminishing the appearance of puffiness around the eyes. 

How to Use: 
Turn collar of the micro-corrector applicator in direction of arrows until product is visible on sponge. This may require a number of turns. Adjust accordingly for desired amount of product. Using applicator, apply concealer directly to under-eye area, blending in an outwrd motion. To apply more, twist collar of applicator 1-2 clicks at a time. For best results, use sparingly. For extreme dark circles, apply the neutralizer shade underneath your concealer shade. Use the brightner shade to add a luminous touch to inner corner of eyes, cheek and brown bones and bridge.

My Thoughts:
I picked this up when I bought the Lumi Cushion foundation and tried them together.
I tend to have dark circles under my eyes, not horrible, but it is to a point were if I'm not wearing concealer I can tell a difference. I also use concealer as a eyeshadow primer to cover up the eyelid a little bit and it also helps your eyeshadow stay on longer. 
From the first time I started using this I instantly noticed a difference, it covered up my dark circles, the formula is very smooth, and it allows you to build up to as much of a coverage that you need. 
Not to mention how much brighter and awake it makes you look. 
It didn't crease on me, but I did set it with a translucent setting powder just because the weather here ha been super hot with humidity and I didn't want it to melt!!




What it is:
Style Sexy Hair 450 Blow Out Heat Defense Blow Out Spray protects hair form heat damage. Bis-Cetearyl Amodimethicone provides outstanding thermal protection up to 450 F. This product provides superior conditioning and weightless shine without an oily, greasy feel. Helps to detangle and strengthen hair while decreasing blow dry time.

How to use:
Spray on damp hair: Blow dry with your favorite brush for smooth, shiny and frizz free hair.

My Thoughts:
I actually got a sample of this from my cousin who happens to be a cosmotolegist and I fell in love with it!
We woman use a lot of heat on our hair, from blow dryers, to straighteners, curling irons, wave irons, so on and so on! And we forget that that heat is really damaging and drying out our hair!
I use this heat defense spray every time I wash my hair. It doesn't weigh my hair down or make it sticky. You can't even tell you have product in your hair, but what you do feel is how mush softer and how much moisture is put back into your hair. It looks shiny and more managable.
It smells great also. After I was done with the sample I was given, I went out and bought a full bottle and will not be without it!



What it is:
Fabulous Self-Tanning Gradual Lotion by Vita Liberata is an ultra hydrating tan lotion that applies clear like a body lotion for zero fransfer onto clothes and develops lasting color over 4-8 hours. With certified organic extracts that condition skin, odor remove for zero smell and moisture locking hydration.

How to use:
Ensure skin is clean and exfoliated. Always use a tan mitt and with five to 10 pumps at a time, aply with circular movements. Use sparingly on hands, feet, knees, and elbows. Do not moisturize or use moisturizing hower gel prior to application. Show after four to eight hours, and if naturally pale, leave longer before showering.

My Thoughts:
I received a sample of this in a Birchbox and I had heard of the brand before, but had never used it.
I applied this gradual tanner after showering, and a few hours later I did notice a difference. My skin had a  nice light tan and glow. I also noticed how soft and smooth my skin felt. It was easy to apply even though at the time I didn't have a tanner mitt with me. I just used my hands and it worked just fine, but to ensure a nice even tan, it is better to use a tanner mitt.
I loved how the tan turned out, and I loved how it made my skin feel. It doesn't have a tanner smell which I like and with this you don't have to really worry about stickiness and streaking.
A very nice product that I will continue to use for the summer!
(Just in case you do apply this with your hands, make sure to wash them right after application.)




What it is: Birchbox Breakdown.
Between running things at the office; running errands, and trying to hit the gym (to run some more), we usually find ourselves running low on time. Enter: this high-tech, moisturizing lip balm from Birchbox brand ARROW. Formulated to adjust to your unique pH, it enhances each wearer's natural lip color to create the perfect, just-for-you hue. Nourishing ingredients like mango seed butter hydrate and protect lips, and the lightweight, subtle formulation allows it to go wherever you do--from pre-work yoga to a lunch date to happy hour. Another perk? It boasts a lovely minty scent. Like all products in the ARROW collection, it is vegan, paraben-free, cruelty-free, and gluten free.

How to use:
Throw in purse, workbag, or gym bag, and swipe on throughout the day. Layer fro more intense color.

My Thoughts:
The second I swiped this across my lips I was shocked how much color a clear lip balm gave my lips! A beautiful pink color appeared and I fell in love! "What a great idea and product" I thought!
And I have been using it ever since. I love how it is going to give each person their own unique pink color to their lips! And it is very moisturizing to boot! It is just like applying your favorite chapstick. The first time I wore this, I told my mother about it and told her how it works, she said that it looked like I was wearing lipstick! I think you should try this, you will be pleasantly surprised!




All of these products I have mentioned I have personally used and back 100%. 
I hope that you enjoyed this blog post today and make sure to hit the Follow button  to see more blog posts like this!! 
Have a great weekend and until next time, Take Care!

Angela

P.S. In light of Memorial Day upon us, I just want to quickly say a huge Thank You to all the Men and Woman over seas and in the military who sacrifice so much including their lives to help protect us and our freedom. 
I wish there was a word that would describe how thankful I am for each and every one who has fought and fallen. 
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. 

Comments

Popular Posts