Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipsticks Review!



jeffree-star-review




Hello Gorgeous,

I've been following Jeffree Star on Instagram and Youtube for a while now and if you haven't heard of him, he's a self made makeup artist, musician, singer, model, fashion desinger and all round general fabulous person. I mean just look at his face, and his hair!! He's so beautiful! Anyway, as soon as I saw he was releasing his oun line of insanely bright lip products, I was on his site and ordered quicker than a MUA in a makeup sale!


jeffree-star-lipsticks

The Velour Liquid Lipsticks are very similar to Lime Crime's Velvetines (but the formula is thicker) and Makeup Revolution's Velvet Matte Lip Lacquers are actually very similar. They're kind of half way between a lipstick and a gloss, but without being glossy or sticky. Just imagine the most highly pigmented lipstick ever, melted down and put in a lipgloss tube, I think that is the best way I can describe them. They are also vegan and cruelty free!


jeffree-star-box

The outer packaging is also super cute in hot pick with metallic gold stars. 

jeffre-star-lipstick-wands
The wands are fairly short and chunky, they have a large sized doe foot applicator and pick up a good amount of product. 
jeffree-star-lipstick-swatches
Just look t the swatches! These lippies are SO intensely pigmented, and it's worth mentioning they do stain, which is to be expected really with this amount of pigmentation.
I've also included some pictures of them on my lips below - please forgive me for the totally wonky application. 
jeffree-star-prom-night-swatch
Prom Night is pretty much "The brightest matte pink in the world!" It's a bright, intense almost but not quite neon pink, I think this is my favorite of the three. The Velour Liquid Lipsticks apply wet and you have maybe 30 seconds to a minute to manipulate and spread out the product until it dries. And when it dries there's no going back! This stuff does not budge at all. I wore Prom Night for about half a day on the first day I received them. 
jeffree-star-redrum-swatch


Redrum is a mid toned red that's described as "The perfect red: this matte cool toned red looks amazing on any skin tone" but it seems ever so slightly on the pinkish side to me.
This is a beautiful shade that's definitely the most easy to wear out of the three. it would be perfect for a classic red lip with a modern twist.


jeffree-star-I'm-royalty-swatch

I'm Royalty is blue toned purple, described as "A royal purple for any diva  who want to make a statement". This is the darkest and hardest to wear out of the bunch. You know I'm a fan of purple lipstick, but this one really is quite a hard shade to pull off, and you really need precise application too, otherwise the slightest wobble at the edges will result in a clearly obvious less than perfect lip line. 

I'd recommend exfoliating lips and making sure they're in tip top condition before applying, the amount of rubbing to get this off to begin with has definitely helped exfoliate! Jeffreee also advises to avoid food with oil in it and no making out! lol Overall I really love these lipsticks, the pigmentation and formula is spot on! 

So what do you think, will you be snapping these up?
Let me know in the comments below what color is your favorite! 
xoxo

Angela R.

Comments

Popular Posts