Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks Swatches and Review!


abh3.jpg

Hello beauties!

As always I hope you all are having a wonderful day!
Today I am a little sad because my sister and he family are going on vacation to North Carolina and won't be back for 11 days! I am going to miss them and my Niece and Nephew so much!

But, on the other hand I am so amped up over the new Anastasia Beverly Hills new Matte Liquid Lipsticks!
These liquid lipsticks are so incredibly gorgeous! Perfect colors for summertime and just look so good on everyone!

Now I know they are high end and the price point is a little high, but they are well worth the money!



Here are my thoughts: 

I'd like to start out talking about their selling point, which is their lasting ability. There are many, many competitors in the long-lasting lip market as of now. I won't list them all here, but one Google search is all it take to see that many a brand has their own stable of long-lasting, tubed lipsticks. In my opinion, the Liquid Lips have earned themselves a rather unique spot. They are long lasting, but not too long lasting. They possess that lasting texture all their own and yet, most others are as well. Perhaps it's because I've never found one that seems to stand out just slightly enough from the rest to really grab my attention, but I feel these are completely in their own lane!

What did it for me almost instantly was the way these feel on the lips. With a classic lipstick, you feel that sort of minutely heavy, slightly tacky feel on your lips throughout the day. As it wanes, you know it's time to reapply. These have that same feature, and I really appreciate that in a long-lasting liquid lipstick. Most of the time, the formula of a liquid lipstick is so light and drying, that once it's settled on your lips, it's quite hard to tell just how it's wearing, and wearing off. If you're like me, you're constantly peeking into your mirror to see if any patches have begun to flake or fade, and worrying if, in conversation, there's a patch in the center where your naked lips are beaming proudly through. With these, you need't worry. They seem to fade incredibly evenly, which impressed me greatly, and begun to lose their slight sticky feeling as they dissipate- a little warning to reapply. 
abh5.jpg
Each great product does have it's quirks, I've found, and nothing is ever flawlessly crafted. For these, that is the application itself. It's not just this liquid lip, but many other lip products that seem to do this, and that is that they leave a dry, slightly lighter ring of product around the inner rim of the lip. It gives that whole "I have a lot of spit in my mouth, and yet, really dry lips" affect that honestly does give me the shivers just a little. It's really not a good look. Is it something that can't be worked around? Is it something to keep you from buying these? Absolutely not. It's very easily rectified- slather on the product, and put it out on the majority of the lip with your finger. Sharpen and deepen up the outer thirds with a lip brush. Bam. Flawless application. No, it's not quite flawless right out of the tube, and Norvina herself gave tips on perfecting out-of-tube application in her latest tutorial. She recommends applying it with the applicator, keeping your mouth parted as it dries, patting the lips together as you feel it setting, then going in wit another layer as needed. 

As far as I've seen, this method works great as well, because her application never gives her that collection-of-product line. 

Overall, that is the only major con I've found while using these. The brighter shades tend to apply a bit streaky with the first coat, but if you let the layer dry conpletely and apply a second, there are really no signs of patchiness. 
These last about 4-5 hours on me, which is plenty long enough. I prefer my liquid lipstick to not exceed the 5 hour mark, because then we hit "12-hour lipstick!" territory, which means my lips turn into the dry, cracked deserts of hell and removal then turns into the clown of nightmares. I believe the way they retain some of that tackiness affects their longevity, but the duality of it is that they'e non-drying on the lips. If you're looking for a 12 hour lipstick, I would  recommend something with a more drying effect, and thus more lasting pwoer. If you're looking for a long lasting lipstick that fades evenly, doesn't turn your lips into Spongebob at Sandy's place, and is major in pigmentation, then I recommend the Liquid lips. 

 Sad Girl, Bloodline, Neon Coral, Carina, Party Pink, Pure Hollywood

Sad Girl, Bloodline, Neon Coral, Carina, Party Pink, Pure Hollywood. 

Thank you all so much for stopping by!
So what is your favorite color in this line of liquid lipsticks, leave your comment below!
xoxo
Angela R. 




Comments

Popular Posts