Makeup Dupes for 2015!!



Hello everyone! I hope you all are having a fantastic day!
I am very excited for todays post, because it is going to be all about makeup dupes!! As you all know, I am a makeup fanatic and love anything there is to do with makeup. And if your as obsessed as I am, you know that it can be a little wearing on your checkbook! Expecially if you are buying high end products, which we all love right! But, not all of us can aford it!
So we have to find dupes to help us out sometimes!

But, I also try and do my research too. YouTube videos are a great way to find out what other people think about makeup brands and products out there, so you can get an idea of what you are looking for, or wanting to buy. A lot of the times I have found a less expensive product that works the same, if not better! So I hope you all find these helpful!



Mat Velvet + foundation is a wonderful mattifying foundation, loved by many women who have oily/combination skin. The price tag, however, is pretty hefty. A great alternative is my beloved Revlon Colorstay foundation! The consistencies are a bit different, but both are medium to full coverage foundation with mattifying properties! Also another great foundation with full coverage is Loreal True Match foundation. Both some of the best drug store foundations you can find!.


Laguna is probably one of the best bronzers I have found. I love the packaging, and the color that is buildable. It is also not too shimmery, which I think is perfect for adding warmth to the face and contouring. I found the Sephora Brand bronzer for fifteen dollars cheaper, and an almost exact color. However, this bronzer is completely matte, which doesn’t make it an exact dupe. I actually like this better because I love a matte bronzer, but if you find that you miss the shimmer, putting a bit of highlighter over the bronzer will help!


In order to get some brighteness under your eyes, you may consider using an eye brightener. Yves Saint Laurent’s Touche Eclat (by the way, I just love saying that with a fancy French accent) is a cult favorite among many, and an awesome product. However, I honestly feel like these products are so similar in the effect that they give. The Maybelline is a great product, and not to mention I really like the sponge applicator.



I think MAC makes the best gel eyeliner of the high end brands, but fear not, there is something just as good. The E.L.F. Cream Liner is seriously just as good, and a fraction of the price. The brush it comes with is useless, so make sure you get a good eyeliner brush (be it angled, tapered, or flat). Stay tuned to the bottom of this post for good brush recommendations.


You might have read this post on how I compared the two of these products, but I would be silly not to include these powders in this post. So go and read my other post for more details. Bottom line, the E.L.F. powder is not completely identical, but it is a great HD powder!
 
 
I did a ton of research and ultimately decided on Sigma brushes because they are modeled exactly after MAC brushes (which I feel are the best). The numbers of the brushes even used to be the same. I have been so pleased with these brushes, I am only going to buy Sigma here on out. Another great brush brand is Crown brushes, or Coastal Scents. Both made really well, but deffinetly won't break the bank if your looking for nice brushes!
 
 
Thank you everyone for stopping by! Muah!!
<3 Angela
 
 
 

Comments

Anonymous said…
NYX HD powder is identical to make up forever's
Thank you for your comment! Yes you are right! It is exactly the same, which is so wonderful because this really helps save on money! :)

Popular Posts