15 Nail Polish Tips & Tricks from Pinterest for Perfect Nails!



Hello Everyone!
As always I hope you are having a wonderful day!
 
Today is all about nail polish and the tips and tricks you can use to get that perfect manicured look.
I am a nail polish lover. And I am not ashamed to admit that I have a slight obsession with my nails. 
 I have way to many nial polishes and have even painted swatches on nail wheels including labels, but painting my nails has always been something that I can do to give myself a little me time. I find it really relaxing, more put together and it makes me feel good when I'm done.
 
So with that being said, I am always looking for tips and tricks to make my nails stronger, longer and prettier.
Pinterest is obviously the best place to go for that kind of stuff. There are tons of nail polish hacks that will make anyone an expert at-home manicurist. If you’re just as obsessed as I am, or even if you just want to up your mani game, check out these 15 super helpful nail polish tips and tricks, taken from Pinterest!

 

1. Fix An Annoying Broken Nail Quickly

 I have one nail that always breaks in the same place, so I'm dying to try this out. Snip a tiny piece of a tea bag off, put it on the broken area and seal it there with nail glue. Pinterest swears that it works.
 
 

2. Make Your Polish Last Longer

It stinks when you find an awesome nail polish color, get a great manicure... and then it starts chipping or fading after two days. Ugh. To prevent that from happening, quickly soak your nails in white vinegar just before you apply your nail polish. I've also heard that putting nail polish remover on your nails right before you paint them makes your manicure last longer - they do it in the nail salon for a reason, right?.
 

3. Use PAM Spray For Faster Drying

Salons sometimes have spray cans you can use to make your nail polish dry faster. Instead of spending money on one of your own, you can substitute with PAM Cooking Spray instead. Just spray, let dry for a minute and then wipe off. A blogger tried this out and said it works pretty well
 

4. Use a Band-Aid For An Easy French Manicure


You can buy French manicure kits out there, but why do that when you probably have the supplies in your bathroom already? A few hours after doing your nails (because you want to make sure they're totally dry), gently place a clear band-aid on your nail and then start
 

 
 
5. Make Your Own Matte Nail Polish

Again, you could go out and buy matte nail polish... or you could make it at home. It's cheaper and way more fun because you're basically making your own nail polish color. It's also a great way to get some use out of an old eye shadow you don't use anymore or don't want on your face. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm planning on it.
 

6. Dry Your Nails Faster In Water

I've heard this a million times in the last few months: to quickly dry your nails, dip them in ice cold water right after you polish them. It sounds crazy to me - why would you dip wet nails in water? - but people swear it works. I'm going to have to stop being scared and try this ASAP
 
 

7. Make Gel Manicures Look Better


If you love getting gel manicures, this tip is for you. I've seen this happen to all of my friends who get them - after a week or so, the nail polish isn't chipping, but their nails are growing and it's pretty obvious (this is one of the reasons I don't get gel manicures). To update your manicure, swipe some glitter on the bottom for a fun nail art look
 
.
 

8. Use Glue For A Foolproof Manicure


When you're painting your own nails, it's easy to paint outside the lines and get polish all over your fingers. It's also an incredibly annoying way to ruin a perfectly good at-home mani. To avoid this, try putting glue around your nails first. Polish, then peel the glue off and voila - apparently, you'll be smudge free. You can also try this with Aquaphor lotion, but be careful - According to Buzzfeed, if this stuff gets on your actual nail, it will stop the polish from sticking.


 

9. Use Coconut Oil As Cuticle Cream

Another way to save money on a DIY manicure: use coconut oil as a cuticle cream instead of buying it. If you have to buy something, make it coconut oil. It's great to have because it literally does everything - you can cook with it, use it to take off makeup and make hair masks with it, among other things.
.
 

10. Make Your Nail Polish Bottles Easier To Open

As nail polish gets older, it gets sort of annoying to deal with. The worst is when the caps stick to the bottle and opening it requires Hulk-like muscles. To avoid that from happening, try this tip - put petroleum jelly around the lid every time you use it
 
.

11. Keep Nail Polish Cold So It's Easier To Use

Take some time out to plan your manicure and prep your nail polish. Apparently, sticking it in the fridge for 15 minutes to get it cold will make applying it a total breeze.
 

12. Make Neon Nail Polish Seriously Pop

Neon nail polish is super fun and a great way to get your manicure noticed. But some of my favorite neons always end up coming out streaky on my nails. Four coats later and they're still not exactly where I want them - plus, they sometimes fade. To make your neon color REALLY pop, put one coat of white nail polish underneath. Perfect color!


 

 

13. Revive Old Bottles Of Nail Polish Easily

Like I said, old nail polish starts to get pretty weird after a while. If your old polish is clumpy and gross, but you still love it and want to apply it, add a few drops of clear nail polish to the bottle. According to this, it will thin the polish without ruining it.

 
 

14. Use Foil To Remove ALL Of Your Glitter Nail Polish

I LOVE a good glitter polish - so much fun - but I absolutely loathe taking it off. It usually involves a ton of nail polish remover (which feels like it doesn't even help) and way too much scrubbing. An easier way to get glitter nail polish off? Soak a cotton ball in nail polish remover. Apply it to your nail and then wrap it in foil. Wait about 5-10 minutes, depending on how thick the polish is and then unwrap for clean nails. I've also seen people do it without the foil. This really does work like magic
 

15. Get Whiter Nails

After years of applying polish, your nails might start to become a little yellow. According to this blog, you can stop that from happening by scrubbing them with whitening toothpaste. I've also heard that you can soak your nails in lemon juice.

I hope all of you find these tips and tricks helpful!
Thank you for stopping by, Take care!
 
Angela
 
 
 


Comments

Marie Christine said…
I am a professional blogger, and I value Pinterest a lot. The reason I can say this proudly is because I use PinPinterest com as my Pinterest account automation. PinPinterest is so amazing that I can schedule my posts according to my desired time and I don’t need to be online all day for that too. A mobile-friendly awesome tool for Pinterest.

Popular Posts