Tick Tock, Tick Tock, man does time fly bye!!

Wow, has it been a long time since I have posted anything! Since my last post, my life has been shifted into high gear, My sister is getting married in July and it seems like everyday has plans to keep me busy, going here and there, getting this and doing that! But am very excited to be doing it! And being the Maid of Honor takes a lot of responsibility!!

Also while in the middle of the rush, we have plans to take a road trip to Kentucky on the 18th of this month to see my half sister and her husband, this trip is for just us girls, My Mom, Sister, Best Friend, and myself.
I think this trip will give us some room to breath a little, a little vacation to unwind and not do/talk about the wedding so much.
But money has been tight, so in the proccess of wedding preparations and kentucky we have been perticipating in local craft shows! All for this Kentucky trip, earning gas money, (which is a huge task what with the gas prices as they are) Food money and, money to play aorund with.

For these craft shows I have been making something that I love! There called- Paper Bag Bracelets!
These bracelets are completly made out of a paper bag!
You cut out a measured piece of the bag, paint on one side whatever color you want, wait to dry, Cover it with Mod Podge ( a glue) wait for that to dry, then cut out stips starting large at the top and then narrowing to the bottom. Then take the stips one at a time and apply mod podge to the back of the strip,
take a scewer ( like a shishkabob scewer) and roll the strips into beads!!! Set them aside and wait for them to dry! Its a long process, but when finished it becomes a very wonderfull piece of jewlery from a bag that has been recycled! The beads harden so you can wear them everyday if you want to!
Plus its a great conversation piece, also you know that you have bought something that has helped the enviroment, and for me it is well worth the time!!

These are just some of the bracelets I have made!











So those are it!! Tell me what you think! I would love some new feedback!
okay I think I have writen enough, lol
I will be back later, got so much more to tell you!! Man it has been awhile...

Okay Take Care Everyone!!!
<3 <3

Comments

Sparkling Mimi said…
The bracelets are darling...I'm even considering stealing your idea and making them too as gifts. What a great way to earn some extra money though. Do you make other jewelry besides these?
Thank you so much!! Umm I have made other jewlery in the past, but this is a whole new venture. My mom found the idea on the internet. I decided to try it and it turns out there quite cute! And surprisingly they do last, I have been wearing one of the bracelets I made for some time now and it has held up very well!

Yes they would make great gifts, I will give you directions on how to make then in an email so you will have it to keep!

Okay I should go, but I am so glad that you posted! And that you still are involved in your blog!
The best of luck, health and welth!
Take care!
Angela

Popular Posts