~Oven Roasted Turkey Breast~
If you want a Turkey for Thanksgiving, but don't want to deal with a whole bird,
buy a Turkey Breast!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Mom always used to buy a whole Turkey,
but realized it's a lot easier to just buy a Turkey Breast!
The white meat is so good, and it's great for leftovers!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Ingredients~

*
1 Bone in Turkey breast (4 1/2 to 5 pounds) thawed if frozen.
1/2 cup of butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup dry wine or apple juice
~2 Tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
or 1 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves.
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Paprika
2 Cloves of garlic, finally chopped
2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
2 Tablespoons Cold Water
*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Directions~

*
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Place turkey, skin side up, on rack in large
shallow roasting pan.
Insert oven proof meat thermometer so tip is in the thickest part of breast
and does not touch bone.
Roast uncovered 1 hour.
2. Mix Butter, Wine/Apple Juice, Thyme, Salt, paprika and Garlic.
Brush turkey with half the butter muxture.
Roast 30 minutes, brush with remaining butter mixture.
Roast about 1 hour longer or until thermometer reads 165 degrees.
3. Remove turkey from oven and let stand 15 minutes for easier carving.
4. meanwhile pour pan drippings into measuring cup.
Skim fat from drippings.
Add enough water to drippings to measure 2 cups.
Heat drippings to boiling in 1 quart saucepan.
Mix cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water,
Stir into drippings.
Boil and stir 1 minute, Serve with Turkey.
*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

This recipe is very good!
And for this Thanksgiving Season,
I thought I would give you a recipe a day!
I hope you all enjoy them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Take Care,
~Angela~


Comments

Sparkling Mimi said…
Yummy! I love the turkey breast too. I did do that one year when I only had a couple of people for dinner. But I usually buy the whole bird because many of my guests like the dark meat as well.

I'm a real recipe hound and will add this one to my arsenal. Thanks for sharing!
Your welcome Mimi!
Thank you for commenting!
I will have more recipe's to come so keep your eye out!!

Popular Posts